First of all, I am slightly obsessed with Essential Oils at the moment. If you don't want to read about any oils, stop now, otherwise, read on and learn about the Thieves oil!
The last few weeks, our house, us, our bedding, our clothes, our everything, has been smelling like the wonderful Thieves Oil! For those who Don't know, Thieves is a Young Living Essential Oil I personally believe it one of the best oils out there. It is a blend, consisting of Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Rosemary, Lemon and Eucalyptus Radiata. The blend of those oils are combined to kill practically every germ that tries to reach you! Plus, it smells like fall.
Our whole town is sick it seems, and Jed has been working with his brother who is sick with a cold as well. I've (we've) been putting Thieves on our feet, diffusing it, putting a drop on our tongue, putting it in water, etc etc. It is an oil that can be taken internally, so I have been making Jed some "magic" water to take to work. I put some Thieves, peppermint, and lemon in it. It's basically horrible. But it does the trick! (so far)
Some uses of Thieves:
- put a few drops in a spray bottle and use to sanitize countertops, tables etc
- use that same spray bottle and use as an air freshener
- add to floor washing water
- put 4 drops on a cotton ball and then into a baggie-open baggie to inhale the aroma
- put a cotton ball with a drop of thieves in your shoes, purse, fridge, etc to eliminate odors
- apply a drop to your feet to help fight the germs
- mix with 1 cup of baking soda and 6-10 drops of thieves to use to scrub a shower/tub
- stung by a bee? Put a drop of thieves directly onto sting for pain relief
- add a few drops to your dishwasher or dishwater to eliminate smells and help clean the dishes!
- diffuse to help kill germs in the air
- Thieves is also able to be taken internally-add to a cup of tea, hot cocoa, or water, put a few drops in a capsule to support your immune system
This is just to list a few uses of the amazing Thieves Essential Oil. Thieves is by far, the most used oil around our house! If you are interested more about Thieves oil, other products or signing up with Young Living, let me know. There are some great deals for when you sign up!