Wednesday, November 6, 2013

English Muffins

We bought some English muffins at Safeway a few weeks ago, and I re-realized that I love them! I don't eat a lot of wheat, generally speaking, but English muffins just shouldn't count. They're so good toasted English muffin with coconut oil and fresh honey on it! And of course, for Eggs Benedict.  I decided I would try and make some. I've made Jed some little French loaves a few times, but all I have is a handheld mixer, and that's no match compared to bread dough! And again, it proved true. My poor little hand mixer.  Soon, I will get a stand mixer. Soon. 
The recipe I used was pretty straight forward. You can find that recipe here
It said to roll the dough out to be about 1" thick. I did it thinner, just because it was rolling so nicely, and I've never had dough roll as good as this one did. So I didn't dare stop.  I'm glad I didn't because I did use the last bits and pieces of the dough to make it a bit thicker and those muffins are huge. 

I just made the dough, let it sit for a bit and then toasted each side
And then baked them in the oven for about 15 minutes, longer for the massive ones
Then they were done! I think it was the easiest bread recipe I've made so far!
I don't think any are the same size




No comments:

Post a Comment