Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Whipped Shortbread


This is the only shortbread recipe I've ever made and is the only shortbread I'll eat! It literally melts in your mouth. AND, it's not super sweet so you can eat a lot more without feeling gross!  Oh, it's also the easiest recipe ever! If you have a cookie press, definitely use that. Otherwise put the batter in a ziplock bag with the corner snipped off.  The flatter the cookie, the better.

Whipped Shortbread

1 lb butter 
1c icing sugar 
1/2 c corn starch 
3 c flour (all purpose) 

Beat butter til creamy. Add dry ingredients. Beat for 20 mins. Cook at 300 til lightly brown.  

(I wouldn't make these unless you have a stand mixer. Unless you don't mind standing for 20 minutes!) 


The first cookie sheet I made, I didn't think about using a ziplock baggie as I don't have a cookie press, so I just plunked the cookies down on the cookie sheet and they don't look that glamorous.  And because they were the first cookie sheet I made, they were the first to go into the container. And because we love these shortbreads so much, the nice ones are already eaten up. So therefore, I have no nice photo showing how tasty these turn out to be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment